Friday, March 11, 2005

Life goes on here

I have not been around for awhile as you can tell, those of you still around, that is. I have been busy trying to get our apartment in shape to live in and we have been trying to get all the services turned on so we can live with less difficulty than we have had to live for the past month or more.

My wife went to the government agency in charge of certifying the apartment building the other day to see if she could get them to turn on the hot water and some other things. She talked to the head guy and he said that he had problems with the building, that the builder needed to convince him that things were done right and he did not know when the building would be certified. He was bureaucratic perfunctory with her but showed some humaneness when she said we had a small child. But even so he was still not able-- or not willing-- to give her a date when the services would be turned on.

A couple of days later, however, there was a note by the elevator that the hot water would be turned on the 9th and 10th of March. That note could be taken two ways though. One way was that the water would be turned on for those days only we think because they want to make sure that the pipes don’t leak in the building, the ones carrying the hot water. The other was that they would be turning on the hot water and it would take those two days to do it. We preferred the second interpretation and the woman who guards the building—I used “guard” loosely because graffiti has started to show up on the stairway walls, on a new apartment building no less—said that they would be turning it on for good.

We were thinking that my wife’s visit had had some effect, that is, until yesterday the 9th. Yesterday, there was no hot water. And this morning, the morning of the 10th, there is still no hot water.

The elevator saga continues. They said it would be on 24 hours beginning a couple of weeks ago. But we come home often to find that it is off. And on this past Monday and Tuesday, holidays here, the elevator was off. (“Don’t you know it’s a holiday? The elevator does not work on a holiday.”)

And on the day before, we had come back from church at about 1 p.m. My wife grabbed the kids to see if she could get them up by elevator. I had to go back to the church to find something we had left. I got back to our building and found the elevator off.

Some minutes later, when my wife opened the door and gave me oxygen, she explained that an apartment owner had gone over to the government agency and had paid an employee there, the one in charge of the elevators, to come and turn it on for him on that Sunday. (Otherwise it was going to be off all day.) That apartment owner was taking his stuff up when my wife and the kids got to the elevator. She let them go on up but had the oldest boy ride along to make sure the elevator got back. That government employee was on the elevator when he got back but was on it turn it off again. When he saw my wife with the kids and the baby, however, he made one more trip and took her up. That was nice of him but it shows the real problem.

Last night though, the elevator was off when we left but when we got home at about 9 p.m. we just went in to check it in the off chance that it might be working. It was to our surprise. Why it was we do not know but it seemed to be working until late last night. This remains an inscrutable mystery.

Anyway, life goes on here.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I came across your automotive blog. I was just doing some more research and also foundautomotive which you should check out if you have a chance.

Anonymous said...

Your site is quite interesting - make money opportunity- Keep up the good work. My domain is make money opportunity. please check it out.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about work from home home based business opportunity You should check it out sometime.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a network marketing business journal site. It pretty much covers network marketing business journal type stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just blog surfing and found your site! I have a site that maybe of interest to you,roswell book binding. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! The information and Internet marketing product evaluations that you provide are great for beginner webmasters.

Now, I have a related make money free site/blog. It pretty much covers make money free related stuff. In addition, I supply the secrets that I used to make $12,124 from Google Adsense last month.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Interesting web site. I've found whenever you're dealing with business business extra income online opportunity, people might sign up but do nothing. That's whats so disappointing about trying to make a living online. You work your butt off on promoting, but if you don't have a product that sells itself folks won't do jack. Ahhhhh.....the life of an internet junkie.

Good luck,
Al Fanucchi Jr
Founder of SIDEjob.com
-------------------------------------
business business extra income online opportunityGet Paid Daily!

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott W. Clark, Out surfing for information on discounted notes & happened upon your site. While this post wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.

Anonymous said...

Hello Scott W. Clark, been looking for the latest info on cash flows and found this post. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.

Anonymous said...

I have a pretty cool site about replacement honeywell air filter

Anonymous said...

You'd like via an unsubscribe link at the end of Each Newsletter Publication.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Scott W. Clark, I had been out looking for some new information on notenetwork when I found your site and this post. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

Anonymous said...

Hello Scott W. Clark, been looking for the latest info on cash flow industry and found this post. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.

Anonymous said...

www.getipodsforfree.com has this cool thing where if you just sign up and do an offer, you can get a free ipod

Anonymous said...

Hi there Scott W. Clark, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on based business home start I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for based business home start. Should the need ever arise where you need information on based business home start then drop by for a look.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Scott W. Clark, I had been out looking for some new information on discounted notes when I found your site and this post. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott W. Clark, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on based best business home opportunity I somehow ended up on your page. As your this post is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about based best business home opportunity, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott W. Clark, Out surfing for information on business notes & happened upon your site. While this post wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.

Anonymous said...

Hello Scott W. Clark, been looking for the latest info on cash flow business and found this post. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott W. Clark, Out surfing for information on notenetwork & happened upon your site. While this post wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.